Former village reading room, once dovecot
Circa 1300, attached to Carthusian Priory, substantially remodelled and restored by Gill in 1900 for the Duke of Somerset. Local limestone rubble, squared quoins, diagonal 2
stage buttresses, plain tile roof with bellcast and parapets, brick stack to left. Rectangular, Tudoresque gabled facade. 3 window height, though interior unfloored, one bay, 5-light chamfered stone mullions window to first floor, above, small square attic light. Central door opening, chamfered segmental headed stone surround, plank door, strap
hinges with Art Noveau motif. Tall 2-light mullion and transom window in left return. Single storey pent roofed outshut to right side. Interior contains traces of pigeon holes, and fireplace of the restoration, being a copy of that at the Charterhouse of Mount Grace in Yorkshire.